I appreciate the comments and emails commenting on my quilting of Ann’s table quilt. I’m sure you can tell that this type of quilting moves me out of my comfort zone which is overall freehand quilting and pantographs and I appreciate the reassurance you all have given me.
Mom saw the quilt tonight – she really likes it so I’m happy and she’ll bind it and give it to Ann.
Just a comment on the trip from HELL! Those of you that read my blog regularly know I travel a lot. So it takes quite a bit of inconvenience to make me comment on travel woes. Rather than give the long version (24 hours long!) I’ll just summarize below
- 3 hours sitting at the gate ON THE PLANE in Minneapolis due to a mechanical problem.
- Knowing after the 1st hour I’d miss my connection.
- Having to make an unscheduled stop in Cincinnati to fix the mechanical problem because they didn’t have the part in Minneapolis.
- Being allowed off the plane in Cincinnati at 9:30PM to get some dinner only to find ALL the restaurants and food court had already closed.
- Having the worst seatmate EVER who was loud and obnoxious the entire time and during the incessant talking on her cell phone called me a bitch and unfriendly because I wouldn’t listen to her rant about how pissed she was. (Thank goodness for iPods and headphones!)
- Getting to Atlanta at 11:30PM AFTER all flights to Newport News had left for the day.
- Having to stand in a line from 11:30 PM to 6:15 AM to reschedule a flight (Keith got on the phone after a couple hours but the best he could do was a Sunday morning flight).
- Trying to get on the 7:20 AM flight (Standby) but being unsuccessful.
- Having a Delta Crown Room agent finally get me a confirmed seat at 10AM after being told the earliest I’d get out was 9:30PM on Saturday.
- Two hotel reservations made and not used (one because I was in line all night, the second because I got on the 10AM flight).
- Getting to Newport News but my luggage NOT arriving.
- Having them come out to deliver my luggage but ONLY the suitcase with the quilts arriving.
Hopefully # 12 will be them bringing my clothes and toiletries tomorrow!!