It was really cold the day I left to visit Deb (-12 that morning) and it’s cold today (-1) but yesterday it was 42, here in Minneapolis!! Luckily I like the cold, now if it will just snow today like they’re calling for, I’ll be completely happy.
Having been gone for days I should jump right back in and start quilting and assemble my heart quilt but I’m going to take it easy today.
I’ve got some packages to go through – stuffed animals from Dawn and a box with more donated quilts from Barbara along with lots of mail.
I think I’ll set simple goals for today – load a quilt on the longarm for tomorrow, unpacking the embellishment goodies I bought at Deb’s, and play with postcards.
Since I missed my Sunday stashbusting report for last week, I’ll add it here:
- I finished the blocks for the Heart quilt – all the fabric is from stash
- I finished the Dragonfly quilt (UFO #9) – only the binding was from my stash (the top was pieced with Mom from her fabric and VickiW made me the hand dyed backing)
- I finished the Coins (UFO #8) quilt donated by Barbara – only the binding from that one was from my stash.
- I did purchase a backing for my HeartStrings Anniversary quilt from Pam at Real Women Quilt which arrived while I was gone.
- Technically, this goes against me this week not last, but I did purchase a backing yesterday at one of Deb’s quilt shops that will be used for my Irish Chain quilt.
- I bought LOTS and LOTS of embellishment *stuff* while I was at Deb’s….perle cotton, beads, fibers, etc along with books.
I can safely say that I can embellish postcards and start my blue/white crazy quilt and count on having all the supplies I might want on-hand. Now I just have to find a way to store them in a way that I can easily find what I’m looking for.
Thank you all who commented or emailed and introduced yourself – it was great getting to know my readers a little better.