I wasn’t sure I was going to get any sewing done today after being gone – my first day home is always a catch up day but I finished up all my non sewing tasks and with Keith gone, was able to spend a couple hours in the sewing room tonight working on my Sashed 9 Patch blocks.
I finished up the blocks and they’ll just need sashing and the border now. Normally I would go ahead and finish the top but these blocks are going to be put aside probably until November so I can work on a couple piecing projects that need to be done before October. Knowing that – my goal for the summer was just to finish these blocks.
And for any eagle eyed readers out there who may pick up that I have fewer blocks in this than in the design I posted — I often design in two sizes. The original quilt was twin size but I like to have some of my donation quilts twin size, some lap or sofa size, and some kid size and in this case I decided that I have more need of a sofa size quilt as I have several larger and smaller ones here.