This fall I was in a bit of a panic because there was still a lot I wanted to accomplish but knew it would be tough with the busy travel schedule I had planned so I listed out my goals for the last 4 months of 2011.
Piecing 5 tops (includes the current one)
Quilting 3 HeartStrings tops before Oct
Quilting 4 tops of Mom’s, one for my Aunt
Finishing the 4 UFO’s remaining on my UFO Challenge list
Quilting and binding Chris’ quilt by Christmas
Tie at least 12 quilts during the HS Sept sew-in and October while in Maine.
On the knitting list
Finishing my current scarfand the socks in progress
I’d love to knit two shawls I’ve already bought yarn for but would be happy with one
The Irish Chain is finished except for the label which I’ll make tonight and photograph tomorrow and I bet you want to know how I did on my list of goals.
While I didn’t finish everything on the list — the knitting suffered most with the socks still unfinished and just one shawl started and still in progress — I accomplished more in several areas.
32 quilts were tied this fall in Maine
15 tops were quilted
My postcards for Sept – Dec were completed
7 tops were completed (2 that I’d hoped to finish were not)
13 quilts were bound.
All the UFO’s on my 2011 Challenge List were completed!!
1. Patriotic Rail Fence — done March 2011
2. My HeartStrings quilt — done July 2011
3. Twisted Nine Patch — done Aug 2011
4. Red Irish Chain — done Dec 2011
5. Rectangle Strings — done Dec 2011
6. Green Boxed Squares — done January 2011
7. Green Floral — substituted for April — done April 2011
8. Spiderweb — done JUNE 2011
9. Jewel HeartStrings — done May 2011
10. On the Vine — done February 2011
11. Forest Bricks — done early — May 2011
12. 16 Patch and Pinwheels — done October 2011
13. String Tumblers — Done January 2011
You know I love my spreadsheets so in the next couple days I’ll have a full summary of all my quilting for 2011 and a UFO count going into 2012