I’m going to blame Shirley!
I went upstairs to piece a back for the Tessellating Pinwheels top that I finished before my trip and started eyeing potential fabrics for a log cabin quilt using my new die. After pulling a bunch of brown and green fabrics, I read Shirley’s comment and remembered that I had a bundle of black and white fat quarters.
I figured I could make 36 eight inch blocks from that bundle so pulled some reds to go with it and played a bit in EQ. I think this is where I’m going but I might change the layout – after all there are lots of choices with Log Cabin blocks.
I cut the first 8 blocks and got them sewn…. would have been quick if I hadn’t had to pick out a couple rounds when I wasn’t paying attention. To make my blocks scrappy, I cut 8 different B/W prints and 8 reds… more fabrics will be added in as I go.
After “shuffling” the stacks