I’d promised myself I could start a new quilt when I got home because I’d finished everything on my to do list before the trip. I spent well over an hour in the sewing room after piecing a couple backs dithering over what to start. I wanted to use a limited color palette but didn’t want to worry about running out of the fabrics I had so it needed to be something I could easily add fabrics to.
In the end, I decided on an hourglass quilt. It won’t be quick but it’s an easy one to go in and cut/sew a group of blocks. I’m using my 4 inch finished quarter square triangle die so the cutting is easy. Accuquilt is now making custom dies for their GO cutter and I’m toying with the idea of getting a die made for a 6 inch finished hourglass block. That would be a great stash buster.
I’ve got a pretty green leaf print on a brown background to use for a border on this one and I may end up adding some browns to the center too. For now I’m just going to make blocks.
Of course, what I should be doing is cleaning up the sewing room. Chesty came up with me and curled up in the trimmings from the last couple quilts I bound … The batting pieces are still attached and I need to remove them before tossing the fabric in the string bins. I’ve also got a bunch of strings pulled out from the last top that will be used in the next one so I didn’t bother to pick them up. I’m such a slob!