As a part of my organizational and decluttering efforts I wanted to get most of the yarn bins out of my sewing room. I have a little space on the landing that I knew I could put some type of shelving or storage. I went to IKEA to look at possible options knowing if I didn’t find anything else I could put two of these with the bin inserts in the space.
I like these shelves, I have a wall of them in my sewing room for fabric but we would have to have them delivered since the boxes wouldn’t fit in our car, the red bins are nice but expensive and I’d need to fill all the cubbies unlike my fabric shelves where I have some bins for scraps but the majority of my fabric is on the open shelves. Also I just wanted something quick and easy. So for a 1/3 of the cost and about 20 minutes of my time, I have functional bins even if they aren’t particularly attractive.
Look how easy it is to find yarn for a project.
Another advantage is that I can stack another set on top of these if I anchor them to the wall. Not planning to do that now but the option is there.