Keith left me in the cold this weekend while he’s basking in the warmer temps in south Florida so I decided to have a HeartStrings sew along this Fri/Sat/Sun. Everyone is kind of working on their own blocks already in progress but I’m starting a set to make my own version of this quilt of Ann’s.
Since she used 2.5 inch strips it even meets my 2014 — 2.5 inch strip challenge. I’m not sure of all of Ann’s measurements but I’m using the following.
Black Center strip is cut 2 inches
I’m using 2.5 inch strips that are leftover from other projects
Black corners are cut from 5 inch squares that are cut in half on the diagonal.
I did get 16 blocks pieced and tossed up on the design wall but the light was bad so I didn’t bother to take a photo yet. The goal is to make the 48 blocks I need for a top this weekend … Allowing plenty of time for knitting and the Olympics!