It seemed like I wasn’t making any progress on my goals between getting ready for company and entertaining but I have made a little progress all the way around. I’ve knit some on my Shine scarf and it’s slowly growing. All the Dutch Windmill blocks are made and I’m ready to assemble the top.
The Simply Woven top has been quilted and bound. It’s my first UFO finish for 2017 and it’s a free pattern from Moda Bakeshop found at this link. I had two blocks in the center I should have turned another way but I wasn’t about to take them out. It’s pretty obvious here in the photo but not really noticeable when you’re using the quilt. It’s just one of those things that as you turn some blocks in the quilt you create other areas that aren’t quite right and at some point you think you’ve got it all arranged OK until it’s all together!
I also decided to make a Pirate ship. This might go back with Rae for her tree in her playroom.
Not sure what the appeal is but it’s kind of meditative so last night after finishing my blocks I decided to make a quilt block. Technically I guess it’s not a block since I didn’t fill in the corners.
In spite of having a ton of scarves that need to be donated, I have a little bit of a problem making things that don’t seem to have a purpose. A few might make it to the Big Canoe tree or this one might end up as a coaster in my sewing room.