Sock knitting is my newest endeavor so I thought I’d share a few details here for the curious.
- I knit two socks at a time on two circular needles most of the time I use fingering yarn and size 2 needles – one with a 16 inch cable and one with a 24 inch cable.
- I’ve bought several books but this is the one I used to learn and I refer to it even when I’m using a different pattern.
- I love the Harmony circular needles from Knit Picks and so far I’m loving their sock yarn too
- For Pair #6 I bought the metal circulars from Knit Picks because dark yarn is hard to see on the Harmony needles and I love them too.
- Some Tips for keeping your yarn from tangling
The latest pair
Pair #6 also with yarn from Knit Picks.com
Pattern from the Little Box of Socks by Martingale
Pair #5 made with yarn from KnitPicks.com
Pair #4 made with Knit Picks Risata Yarn which is a cotton blend.
Love them! I love the pattern on these but it did make them slower for me to knit. Pair #5 is already in progress and will be a simple stockinette stitch.