I was up early this morning – unusual for me but I got to work piecing my bright strings. Since I was starting with fat quarters for this quilt rather than true strings, I’m cutting my strings from rectangles as show in the book. I have a few more sets to sew and then I’ll be able to start assembling my rows. I really like this technique – you’ll find it in a lot of books. I think the first time I came across it was in Jan Mullen’s book Cut-Loose Quilts: Stack, Slice, Switch and Sew but Gwen Marston also uses the same technique in her book Liberated String Quilts .
I also finished up the quilting on the 9 Patch this morning. I used the BF template again and if you look at the (L) side of the quilt the edge looks incomplete. There was not room for another arc so once the quilt is bound it won’t look like I forgot to quilt to the edge.