Especially when I’m trying to build up my embellishment stash! I couldn’t resist these tropical fish buttons when I was in Joann’s today. My journal postcard is in anticipation of my upcoming visit to Deb in Florida.
The reason I was in Joann’s was to look for some embellishments I could use in some Valentine’s postcards. I saw this paper-punch on sale and wondered if it would cut through fabric. It does NOT! But…
I figured out at the store that even if it didn’t cut through fabric I could quickly cut out hearts from fusible web….
and these only took a few minutes to cut out.
So I’m not sure I’m accomplishing a whole lot by not buying fabric since I’m just diverting funds to books and embellishments but I’m having LOTS and LOTS of fun!
By the way, I got through my entire list EXCEPT I had hoped to quilt one more top this week but all in all I’m happy with what I accomplished.
Sunday Stashbusting report:
1. Blue and green crumb blocks from stash
2. Lizard quilt finished this week – a UFO top, finished with backing and binding from stash
3. Backing on the HeartStrings top that I quilted with Wonky Feathers was from stash
4. Chinese Coins UFO that was quilted this week – border, sashing, and binding were stash
5. My Pink HeartStrings – a UFO was finished this week, the blocks and binding were stash
Good work on your list. I tried the paper punches a couple months ago too. Oh well! Love the postcard, cute buttons! While you’re here we’ll go to an incredible bead shop!
You got a lot done this week! I also seem to be treading my fabric purchase for other purchase. Fabric paint in my case. But I think that without the conscious decision to cut back on fabric purchases that I would prlbably be doing both…..at least that’s what I am telling myself! >>I love the fish postcard. How nice to take a winter break to Florida!
Cute cards. I like the idea with the punch. You certainly have been busy also. Have fun in Florida.