I decided my Wonky Rails needed a wonky grid so I quilted the first pass and ran upstairs to even my sides up to reload the quilt…and promptly started trimming like I was getting ready to bind.
Since I needed an edge to attach to the leaders, I decided to try using safety pins – and it worked. I also shorted myself on the side there – couldn’t clamp it so I had to hold it with my hand as I started each pass.
This is why I wasn’t paying attention. I have a wallhanging to quilt for my younger sister that needs a background fill. Deb does this one so well that I asked her to draw out how she quilts it and used the leftover backing from the above quilt to see if I could quilt it. I have a few little issues with spacing but I think with a matching thread and a little more practice, I can probably manage to quilt this.
I did manage to reload and finish quilting the Wonky Rails – here’s a front view of my uneven grid…
and a back view. Only 3 more tops to meet my goal of 10 quilted before the end of August.