and I’m working on my *to do* list for the month. I’m pleased with the progress I’ve made quilting over the last couple months so I’m going to take October and work on some of my personal HeartStrings projects and a few remaining things I need to quilt for family members.
I’ll also be traveling to Copenhagen the 2nd week of the month so I’ll try not to have a too ambitious list.
- First, I have 4 Heartstrings quilts done that need binding
- Finish piecing my RWB quilt – the 2nd quilt I’m piecing for Alycia’s QOV project.
- Assemble the top for my personal HeartStrings Anniversary quilt from the blocks sent to me by HeartStrings quilters
- ?? Make a border for the above quilt using Tonya’s pieced letters – if I don’t like the results I get, I may scrap this idea.
- Quilt Maureen’s wallhanging
- Quilt Ann’s wallhanging
- Quilt Nancy’s pillow sham tops
- Quilt my Boxed Squares top
- Finish hand quilting and bind my Wonky Trees.
- Assemble my green centered HeartStrings top during the October 25th HeartStrings Sew-in, Rochester MN
I also wanted to report the results of our Block Party – a rough count of the blocks made by HeartStrings quilters is 1482 blocks. That equals 30 + quilts and from emails I’ve received, I know there are others who were going to make some blocks and send them to us also.
Thanks SO much to everyone who participated and made our party a success.
Hey asking a favor. I don’t think Denmark is on the Euro. Can you keep a coin or two from there and send them to me? I will reimburse postage and whatever. Thanks!
That’s amazing progress on Heartstrings blocks! You must be thrilled!
What a successful block party!
What fantastic results from the block party.>Your October list looks extensive – good luck with it 🙂
You are right there are more Heartstrings blocks to quilt. I think I have 12 done at this point. How many are needed to make a quilt? I have all the same red for the center strip and more available. Do you prefer them as blocks or would you like them sewn into a quilt? Curious minds want to know. Bonnie
You rock!>>You keep all of the balls in the air and continue to be productive.>>I am sooooo impressed!
I’m impressed with the numbers of quilts you get done. I just went through all your blogs…I was interested in your long arm. You said you would get an A-1 if you were getting a new machine. Why? I’m checking out the gammill, the A-1 and the APQS at quilt festival in one month but I would like to know what you think.