I like how these colors are working up and so far I’m liking the yarn too (Caron Big Cake) except that I had 3 knots in the first big skein that had to be cut out and ends woven in … kind of defeats the purpose of having big skeins! Hopefully, the next two skeins won’t be like that. I think next time I use this yarn I’ll go up a hook size too – this isn’t bad but I think the drape would be just a little better with a larger hook. I’m 1/3 of the way done with this one.
One thing I like about this yarn is it’s an easy care acrylic, that’s a good thing in a donation blanket!
I was asked if I cut the yarn so the colors change at the row beginnings but nope, I’m not that worried about the color changing in the middle of rows and I’m not going to doing anything that creates more ends to weave in!! You can see a color switch in the photo below but I really feel they aren’t that noticeable when you look at the Afghan as a whole.
I finished another binding last night but no photo yet, the assembly of the Hexagon Flower top is in progress, and I pieced a back for the next top to get loaded on the longarm.