The Honey Glazed ripple afghan is done. I used a larger hook on this one – an (I) and the entire 3 skeins. I chained 146 but think it’s a bit too square at 51 x 62. It’s taking me a while to find the best combination of hook, size, and use of all the yarn in the skeins. Next time, I use this yarn, I’ll try the (I) hook but go back to the chain of 130.
While I still really like using this yarn, I had a number of knots in two of the skeins so more ends to weave in than I like. Also, at one of the knots, the yarn was reattached in the opposite sequence and I didn’t notice until I was well into the skein and did NOT pull it all out. I’m calling it a design feature rather than an error!
This is the 6th ripple afghan made in 4 weeks (actually 6 calendar weeks but 2 of those weeks I was traveling and not working on them) so it’s a quick and easy pattern.
Even better, 4 of the 6 were made from stash yarn! I’m looking at a bunch of other patterns and have decided to crochet a scarf to “test” a new one out, I’m going to use fingering weight yarn so I hope I have a small enough hook here.