A while back my sister Maureen saw a Churn Dash quilt I’d made and decided she wanted one too only brighter. This is mine … the blocks are 12 inches finished.
This is the one I designed for her. These blocks are 9 inches finished and I used an Accuquilt GO die to cut them for her.
She started making a few blocks but set it aside and hadn’t worked on it for a while. When Mom was here in January we decided (with Maureen’s agreement) that Mom would finish piecing it and I would quilt it for her.
Since we were putting Minkee fabric on the back, I used a lightweight Thermore batting. Pantograph is Steam and while I set up the machine to use a variegated thread, it kept breaking on me (even when I had good stitch quality, had loosened the tension, and the quilt was loose on the frame) so I change to black and am happy with how it turn out! Luckily, I didn’t have but a few inches of the variegated thread to pick out of the quilt.
The back is a gray Minkee.