The bow tie blocks are done and ready to assemble. I might move a block or two around so I’ll look at it for a day or two before I start sewing. In the meantime, I’ve got the 16 patch top loaded on the longarm and ready to quilt – I might even make a start on it this evening.
This one will not have borders – it’s a small donation quilt that is kind of a trial run for a larger scrappy one. I enjoyed sewing these blocks together, it was easy to get into a rhythm and as you can tell, they were quick so I’m anxious to make another one. I did a quick look through my stash to see if fat quarter bundles popped out as a good choice for one of these but haven’t made any decisions. I can see using a bundle for one but I can also see pulling random scraps from my bins.
Speaking of bins, I mentioned a few weeks ago when I was working on the Kite blocks that this blue/green/purple bin refuses to empty … this is now the 5th small quilt I’ve made from it and while a few fabrics have been added here and there I don’t see much change in the level of fabric so you can count on seeing this combination again!