We’re spending today packing up for the trip back to VA and it’s a good thing we planned to drive back! I did ship a couple boxes home to Mom when she was here in January but we’ve got even more to take back this time.
Not only do we have the bins and suitcases shown above but we have lots of finished quilts. I know I’ve shown these as we’ve completed them but I had Keith hold up all but the queen size one for photos and thought I’d put them in a gallery all together – clicking on any photo will bring up a slideshow with larger photos.
Not bad for a few weeks work and in addition we’ve got lots of projects started/kitted up for her to work on (that’s what’s in the bins along with some supplies).
Oct/Nov projects done during Mom’s visit
- 8 tops quilted
- 8 quilts bound
- 2 tops pieced
- 6 Table runners made and ready for quilting
- Hunter’s Star blocks made / ready for assembly & borders – queen size
- Tree skirt pieced and ready for quilting
- 4 Quick Strippies cut and kitted
- blocks sewn and borders cut for Flower quilt – needs appliqué and assembly
- Autumn wall hanging cut and kitted
- 2 car and truck quilts cut and kitted
- instructions written for Sailboat and Duck quilt
We’ve really enjoyed our time together visiting and sewing and when I get home I’ll be ready to get back to work on my projects next week!