I finished the binding on the Hexagon Flowers and 9 patch quilt last night. This is my oldest UFO and the 15th UFO finish for the year so I’ve exceeded my goal of finishing 12 UFOs this year. The hexagon flowers are English paper pieced and appliquéd on the background squares. They were made years ago but it wasn’t until this year that I decided on a setting and pieced the top during our Precut Party (shapes).
I also made good progress on assembling the hourglass top, pieced another binding and got it machine stitched and ready for me to hand stitch it down, and started a new top… usually I try not to start a new piecing project until the one I’m working on is a finished top but November’s precut is charm squares and I haven’t made a top this month so I thought I’d at least get it started before November ended!
The pattern is called Chandelier Quilt and you can do a google search to see a lot of variations. I’m sure I have the book here somewhere but it’s not worth searching it out. It’s an easy block to piece and I’m using 2 charm packs.
I am still taking time out from sewing to bike ride with Keith and sit on my porch. It’s been a great holiday week for us, lots of time together, time outside, and for me, time in my sewing room!