We have a couple fireplaces that use propane here at the new house. We’ve had gas fireplaces before but they were pretty simple to operate mostly just flipping a light switch. Keith tried to light the upstairs fireplace yesterday but even with the user manual we couldn’t get it lit so we have to wait for someone to come out and check it out. The inspection reported it was in working order so I’m assuming it’s user error on our part. Today it was cool and rainy … in the 50’s and a fire would have been just perfect. We’re also on a septic system here … something else that is new to us … we had an brief issue today where several toilets wouldn’t flush and then they did. Weird … we’ll call a septic company out to check everything although it was cleaned and inspected right before our closing … maybe roots from all my wonderful trees?!!
Even with the challenges I’m thrilled with this house. We’ll get it into good shape and learn the small idiosyncrasies and eventually it will be home to us!