Another error in judgement today … I’m not sure why I’m having such a challenging time with the new pantographs. I downsized this one but it was still way larger than I expected. It’s weird because I kind of expect the digital file to be at the “recommended” size and then I can tweak it up or down to suit my needs but some of them obviously come sized way larger than their paper equivalent… in this case 2 times larger! I don’t dislike it but I know I’ll like it much better at a smaller size. Panto is Feather Flip and I’ll definitely try it again on another quilt. I’m a little frustrated with myself because I knew these last two weren’t quite right but because they’re new, I figured I’d just try them and see how they would come out … a learning experience in both cases but I’m disappointed that I don’t love the results. Usually I’m much happier with my choices.
Even with the design super sized, there is more than enough quilting to meet my batting requirements. I used a Pellon batting I’d ordered from Joann’s which can be quilted up to 10 inches apart but this is the last roll I’ll get from them. Shipping has been free when I’ve ordered it and the batting itself was on sale which made it a great deal but I much prefer the Hobbs 80/20. Shipping on the Hobbs rolls is up to $30+ per roll and the Hobbs rolls never go on sale which is why I’ve been trying others. I’ll finish the Pellon I have here but I just ordered another roll of the Hobbs.
I’m getting ready to start my HeartStrings blocks for our 365 for Marianne and after looking at my string bin, I decided I would make one of our Sharon inspired HeartStrings quilts that I had kitted up several years ago. I did make a couple substitutions to get to the group of fabric shown above. I want this to be a guy quilt and variety in my string bin is a bit low to be picky so this will be easier for now as I continue my quilting and binding marathon. The tumbler top quilted today is #5 of 10 and I finished the HST binding last night so I’m making progress.