My part of the packing is done and Keith just has to get it to fit in the car. The pile never seems to get smaller – quilt projects, bins, yarn, finished quilts for donation … there’s a full load every trip to Big Canoe. I did get out for a bike ride to Ballast Point park and along Bayshore. The temperature has dropped from earlier in the week and it’s a lovely 70 degrees.
I also managed to get the Dino Strippie assembled. That’s another “3 yard” top made for our HeartStrings project.
I was sharing my goals for 2021 with my HeartStrings group the other day … they’re responsible for several items on the list with the newest one being make a quilt from my website each month. I’d been looking at some of the quilts and wanting to remake them anyway so why not add it to the list?! I’m thinking keeping the UFOs to 20 or under going into 2022 is going to be the hard one!
- Precut Challenge – piece or quilt a top made from the precut of the month or both!
- UFO goal – finish 12 UFOs (one per month, getting behind and catching up is OK)
- Make more scrap/string quilts – try for 1/2 of all tops made in 2021
- 3 and 5 yard quilt challenge – thru June
- 365 Block Challenge
- MaryQuilts.com challenge – one quilt from the website each month
- Keep UFOs to 20 or lower going into 2022