I actually turned on the sewing machine tonight. I have to make a small project for our family gift exchange and I needed to get it started. I modified a candle mat pattern found free on Connecting Threads’ website to meet the size I needed. That firecracker looks a little random there but hopefully when I do the embroidery and put a blue binding on it won’t look so odd. The lighting is terrible too but you get the idea. I’m debating whether to quilt it by machine or hand quilt it but I haven’t decided yet. I’m leaning toward machine quilting it because it would go fast but I haven’t used this machine for quilting before and I don’t need any problems right now. I just need to get it done.
My work today involved more straightening and cleaning. I thought I was in good shape after all the decluttering but then the realtor started talking about the photographs and sent me a link to these tips. So of course, I have more “work” to do than expected. I decided to leave the fabric on the shelves for a couple weeks feeling that it would look better with the fabric rather than empty so I spent the last hour of my day trying to make it look a bit neater. Not perfect but better!