I hand stitched the binding down on the RWB Framed 16 patch quilt last night. I thought it was too busy when I finished the top but now I don’t think it’s bad. I would have added in some tone on tone fabrics if I’d had access to the stash when I was making it but it must look OK because Chris tried to claim it last weekend before it was even bound – it’s not for him! It will be donated to a veteran.
I first made a framed 16 patch from a Craftsy kit several years ago and have always intended to use the idea again. I can’t remember how many strips I used for this version – I had 2 Jelly Rolls and used all of one and part of the second one. I will definitely be using this block again and it can be made with Jelly Roll strips or 2.5 inch strips cut from stash.
This is the smaller one I made from the Craftsy kit and it just used one Jelly Roll. I think these calmer fabrics work a little better overall but I’m not unhappy with the RWB one now that is quilted.