Quilted

My 2nd Log Cabin Hearts top is quilted. Pantograph is Leafy Love.

I’ve got two waiting for binding now and I’ll get started on that tomorrow. Today after quilting the heart top, I finished the Strips and Strips Rail Fence blocks. This is the 7th top pieced out of these two string bins this year. I don’t see much difference in the amount of fabric in them yet … of course, leftover bits from other quilt have been added in too which doesn’t help. It also brings my string block count up to 310 for our 365 block challenge on HeartStrings. This will be the first time I’ve actually hit 365 in a single year – I’ve done the challenge a couple other times and it’s taken me about a year and a half to 2 years but I’m on a mission to tame my strips and strings and scrap bins so I’ve been focusing on them.

Of course, I need to make another 55 blocks before the end of the year to hit the goal but that should be easy enough. Before I start another set of blocks I’ll have to tackle the big bin. I’ve pulled most of the usable strips and strings from it and the rest of this is mostly wider strips or trimmings from backings that need to be cut down into useable sizes. I tend to use strips or strings that range from about 1.5 to 2.5 inches.

7 thoughts on “Quilted

  1. I’ve been cutting up scraps too this week and have found a lot of strings that are going to need to be used!

Leave a Reply