Wow, I got back from driving Mom to VA – 11+ hours round trip to find lots of comments on the LeMoyne Star quilt. I won’t be replying individually to them but I did read them and have some responses.
- I make LOTS of quilts with HSTs and know there are lots of methods to make them. I use my Accuquilt GO to cut them. It’s easy.
- This is a 12 inch block and there are only 42 of them. It’s not a big deal and if Mom doesn’t want to piece them I can.
- The quilt won’t be too heavy – there are 3 inches of sashing between each block and 3 borders.
- I know the original LeMoyne Star was pieced with diamonds but there are lots of “easy” HST versions that don’t involve “y” seams including the instructions I wrote several months ago after making my own based on a vintage quilt – found on my website. I did accidentally upload the one I quickly drafted last night using the block from EQ just to make sure my sister liked it before I went ahead and drafted my own HST block – I’ve uploaded the HST version (it was late and I was trying to finish up and get to bed before my long drive today)
- We already did a bed size Hunter Star quilt for Mom 2 years ago and I have the GO die… my sister wanted something different.
- I have no deadlines for either this quilt or the two I intend to make eventually, trust me none of them will be finished this year and I’ll be happy if two of them get done by the end of next year – there’s no pressure.