I finished two hats this weekend … knitting Friday and Saturday nights after everyone else went to bed.
First up was hat #11, another Snow Day – like I said with the previous one, the pattern calls for bulky weight yarn but I used aran weight. I also went down a needle size. This is a nice quick little beanie and I have more of this yarn here so I expect there will be a few more of these.
- Pattern – Snow Day found free on Ravelry
- Needle size – 9
- Yarn – Paintbox Simply Aran
- Cast on 72 stitches and knitted the large size from the pattern. Started decreases when hat measured about 6.25 inches and it’s a good size that fits me.
Next up hat #12 was another repeat …
- Pattern is Sweet Spring from the book Baby Beanies by Amanda Keeys
- Needle size – 7
- Yarn – LionBrand Mandala Ombre
I’ve already got the next hat in progress but I’m going to switch over to some binding tonight!
All the hat knitting that you’ve been doing lately has me grabbing yarn and needles too. Hubby has outpatient surgery on Friday so a hat will make a great project while I wait.
Got it cast on, and then we lost power – it’s a little tricky knitting by candlelight!
Both are beautiful but I love sweet spring. My mom used to crochet when we visited her, she made huge crocheted bedspreads. They kept her hands busy while we visited.
Hooray for a couple of quick knits!!