Our Precut challenge last month was Jelly Rolls. This Lantern quilt is the 2nd set of blocks I pieced while Mom was here and now it’s a finished top. I’m not adding borders because it’s a good size for donation as it is.
You can find the free pattern at this link but I’d suggest you think about how to assemble the top – I really dislike sewing long skinny rows so I’m not sure why I started assembling it like the pattern but I switched to sewing it in quarters for the second half and I’d wished I’d started out that way. It’s much easier. You can see the first 4 rows are assembled in long rows but then I sewed the top and bottom sections together in the second section.
This pattern also looks good with a dark background. Mom and I made this one together a couple years ago.
I’m going to cast on another hat now and will have an easy weekend – there’s one quilt left to bind and I’ll knit.