Have you been anxiously waiting to see what gifts were made this time? We had our call tonight so now I can share my project. I drew Debbie’s name and went back and forth on what to make her and I ended up making a quilt for one of her cats.
I have a little history here – not long after I started quilting I made her cats quilts – they’ve passed away now but Ira’s depicted their cabin on the river. Not the best photos but you’ll get the idea.
and Sydney’s depicted the sailing trips they took each year.
Debbie now lives in the mountains in Virginia so this is the quilt I made for Selma.
And because I know you like to see what everyone made …
- Top row left to right
- Debbie made Mom a sewing kit
- Mary made a cat quilt for debbie
- Ann made Mary an appliqué wool mat
- Middle row
- Maureen made fire starters for Chris to take camping
- Her “real” gift for Chris were these baseball bookends she made.
- Chris made Maureen Christmas ornaments
- Bottom row
- Mom made Hilary fabric baskets and a mail holder
- Hilary painted and framed the bear picture for Kevin
- Kevin made Ann the bird house.
You can click on the photos for a larger view. We have so much fun with this although it can be a challenge figuring out what to make. Our next exchange is scheduled for February 27, 2022. We allow about 3 months to get the projects done.