A few years ago we started a precut challenge on HeartStrings. Each month Stephanie would pull a precut from the hat and we’d either piece a project using that precut or finish up an existing UFO. Over time, we started adding in different blocks and shapes and now I guess it’s more accurate to call it our monthly precut/block challenge. This month she pulled Happy Blocks, always a favorite with the group.
I have not yet found the bin with my novelty scraps so after looking over my previous Happy Block quilts and finding this one from years ago using just 3 fabrics, I decided that’s what I’d do this month.
Tonight I finished sewing my rows together and my top for this month’s challenge is done.
I added some quilt notes to the existing Happy Blocks for HeartStrings page – scroll down to the bottom of the page to see them. There are other versions on the website too – you can really use whatever measurements you want and I’ve done versions with Charm squares and a Twisted one too. Just search for Happy Blocks.