Bear #1 is done … don’t laugh at me! Keeping in mind I rarely sew anything other than quilts … and that I’d never sewn at all before I started quilting … I don’t think this is too bad for a first attempt.
I now know that I definitely want to put the face on BEFORE assembling and stuffing. The various patterns I’ve looked at sometimes tell you to do it before sewing the parts together but the two patterns I’ve started with have you sew them afterwards … definitely NOT easy!
I used beads for the eyes of this one because it’s for Mo and she’s old enough not to chew on them or swallow them. For any that I plan to donate, I want to embroider or appliqué eyes for safety.
I’ve already looked at fabric for a few more and I’m going to try a different template for the next one too. The purple and blue fabrics below are flannel and the brown is another piece of Cuddle fabric. All of them are leftover from quilt backs and I love using up leftovers so we’ll see how this goes in the coming months.