Quilted

After working a bit on the Tumblers tonight, I loaded and quilted this Quick Strippie. It’s one I bought home from the Maine sew-in and I think it was pieced by Susan.

My goal is to get the 6 tops I brought home from Maine quilted this month. I want to get the bindings on them and ready for hand stitching before we go to Maine for the month of April … that SHOULD be doable!

I used a new service tonight – our insurance company has an arrangement with one of the online physician services and I developed a sinus infection on top of having the flu. I gave it an additional week since many sinus infections are viral but it’s not improving (and Keith and my Mom were hounding me to go to the doctor) I thought I’d give the online service a try. Other than having to fill in the health history before the visit, it was pretty quick and easy and she sent in a prescription for an antibiotic… and I didn’t even have to leave home!

Quilted

Thanks for all the comments, I am feeling a little better but still a long way from well. Luckily, I don’t have a lot of demands on my time right now so I’m working when I feel like it and resting when I need to. I’m thankful that I at least feel well enough to work and tonight I quilted this 16 patch top pieced by little Mary in Maine. I give them a hard time because calling her little Mary must make me BIG Mary …

It’s quilted with one of my new pantographs called Kindle by Lorien Quilting. She designs some of my favorites!

I also made a little change to the machine. I dislike the Innova side clamps, they’re small and even worse, heavy.

I didn’t like the original clamps that came with my Gammill either but after a bit of trial and error, I’d found clamps that I really like about 8 years ago. When I traded in my machine, I gave them the original clamps but kept the ones I liked thinking I might use them on the new machine only they connected by a strip of Velcro to the frame and I didn’t think that would work on the new frame. Tonight for the first time, I realized I could probably just tie the bungee cord from the Innova clamp to the ones I like …. and it worked. These hold a larger area and they’re a lot lighter so they don’t weigh down the edges!

Quilted

I’m glad I was ahead of schedule because this week is flying by and I haven’t accomplished much of what I wanted to. Progress is being made on the crochet blanket, and on the HeartStrings blocks. I’ve got a couple bags of clothes and shoes for Keith to take over to the Salvation Army and a few drawers are a bit neater so the organizing and decluttering is continuing at a slow pace BUT I’m happy to be making any progress with that project!

I did load the Bento box top last night and got it quilted today. I thought I might get two quilted this week but that’s not going to happen. Pantograph is Steam. It’s scaled up a bit as I’m trying to get used to quilting larger curves on the new machine before I tackle a couple new pantographs. I’m still adjusting to the extra weight of the machine and quilting pantographs from the front and the larger curves take more control (requiring more practice!)

Quilted

My HST diamond top is quilted. Pantograph is Happy Times. Brief instructions are on my website and if this one looks familiar, it’s because Mom loved it so much she made the exact same quilt and I quilted for her while she was here in October!

I’m so happy with all my progress! I’ve worked my way through my list with plenty of time to spare. This one needs binding and I’m probably going to quilt another one next week just because there’s time but I’m ready to start some string blocks!

Quilted

This is my Kite quilt – blocks were cut with the Accuquilt Kite die and I set them with wider than usual sashing based on a vintage quilt I found on eBay. Since the sashing was wider than I usually make it, I decided 4 patches would look better than large squares as the cornerstones. I don’t have complete instructions for this one but if you have the die and want to look at my quilt notes you can find them on my website at this link.

Pantograph was free (the digital version) from Urban Elementz – Raindrops. I like this one and will definitely use it again. One thing I’m loving about my new machine is the ability to resize pantographs. I sized this one to take full advantage of my quilting space and was able to quilt 3 passes before having to roll the quilt.

Quilted

Do you remember me saying that for every quilt I start before the end of the year, I need to finish one? I’m trying to get that 2020 UFO number to 25 (or lower)! Since I started the Chandelier Quilt, I quilted the Bow Ties tonight.

Pantograph is Happy Times and one of these days I’m going to remember to save my file once I have everything set up in Pantovision … tonight I had two rows quilted and while I was rolling and getting ready for the next row, the tablet decided it needed to update windows!! While I was waiting I got more of the Chandelier top assembled but once it was updated, I had to rebuild my file before I could finish quilting.

Isn’t this the perfect backing for this quilt? It’s a flannel fabric I had in stash and it looks like I bought it just to go with this quilt.

Quilted

Not without issues … this should have been quick and easy but I had a lot of thread breakage – I was quilting faster than I have on this machine but not THAT fast. I’m still adjusting to the new longarm and I have to say some days I just wish I had my Gammill … but then on other days I’m happy with the features and stitch quality on the Innova. I really did expect that the transition period would be short and easy but after so many years, I was comfortable with my machine and I am having to make some adjustments.

Nothing fancy, this top is so busy that I felt some simple dwirling would give it texture which is all it needed.