The first set of log cabin blocks are done and already off the design wall and in the bin that goes to Big Canoe. I’ll assemble the top in February. I did a bit of rearranging and the string bins are now on the other side of the room and I’ll use Grace (the babylock) to start another set. I’m going to stick with the log cabin blocks right now because I’m in the rhythm of making them. I’ll make at least one more set of 48 and then decide whether to keep going or do something different. These are going to be a side project. An hour here, an hour there in between quilting and binding and organizing. I’m going to start another Tumbler quilt this week too.
While I was straightening up, I came across the baggie with the leftover stripset pieces from the windmill quilt I finished in December so I went ahead and finished cutting them and assembled the little doll quilt. Because you know I can’t throw them away! This will go to GA too and eventually I’ll either hand or machine quilt it.