Quilted and bound

I got back to work on quilting today – before traveling in June I’d quilted and bound 10 … #11 is now done. This was a kit from Craftsy (or BluPrint) … I can’t remember how long I had it.

Pantograph is Filigree which came with my machine.

My goal for this June/July quilting marathon started at 12 … and then I decided on 16 … but Stephanie says she’s going for 8 in July so I’m going to aim for that too but I’ll be traveling again so if I only get 16 I’ll be OK with that too.

Tomorrow’s quilt is already loaded on the longarm but I think it will be late when I get it quilted because Keith is taking some time off and we’ve got some plans to be out and about tomorrow afternoon.

Finished

I love hitting a goal! #10 is bound and I’m all set to travel on Sunday morning. This bricks quilt is another top pieced by Sue and sent to me to quilt and donate.

I

I’ll be gone almost a week and that last few days of June I have some piecing planned. Then I have company coming for the long July 4th weekend … and after that I’ll be back to my quilting marathon. My goal was 12+ tops quilted by the end of July so I’m sure to hit 12 and get a few extras done too.

Finished

Sue’s 30’s strip quilt is bound. I have one more binding to hand stitch tomorrow night. This is the 9th one finished this month.

Quilted and bound

I was racing against the storm this afternoon getting this one quilted but I made it. I don’t use the longarm or sewing machines when there’s lightning in the area.

This is my scrappy Easy Flock of Geese quilt. It’s a UFO from last year and I’ve made this one a few times. The link above will take you to some brief instructions on my website. It’s #8 of 12+ to be quilted by the end of July

Quilted with the pantograph Apollo.

Quilted and bound

My Puppy Town Square was quilted and bound today – #7 of 12+ to be quilted before the end of July. Pattern is from Fabric Cafe but I left off the narrow borders.

Pantograph is Dear Heart

# 8 is already loaded on the longarm and ready to quilt tomorrow and I also started a new crochet project today – I’ve still got the knitted cowl and the corner to corner blanket going but I have a family gift exchange next month and I need to get going on a project.

Finished

Suzanne’s Star top is finished. I hand stitched the binding down and I’m caught up – 6 quilted so far and all 6 are bound. Tomorrow I’ll start on #7.

A couple people asked about the pattern for this one and I did email Suzanne and ask but she doesn’t remember if she used a pattern … she wrote:

I loved that border fabric and made the center from scraps to match it. I never finished it because I didn’t like the big white areas. During the pandemic l pulled out all my ufo-s and did an inventory. Ugh! 40! Anyway, I added the appliquéd stars to the muslin areas and suddenly the quilt came to life! I guess the top just needed a timeout before it could finally be “finished.”

Finished

HeartStrings top # 3 from AnnG is bound and finished now. Just one more binding waiting for me to hand stitch tomorrow night and I’ll be caught up just in time to start quilting again on Monday.

And the Lightning won Saturday night and are moving on the Stanley Cup finals! Unbelievable, they were kind of shaky toward the end of the season and I wondered if they’d even make it past the first round of the playoffs but they showed me and everyone else. Go Bolts!

Finished

This is the 2nd of 4 waiting for binding after being quilted this week and it’s done. It’s another one of the HeartStrings tops sent by AnnG.

I’d planned to piece some quilt backs tonight too but I’m running out of steam so I’m going to read a while and then see if I can actually get some sleep tonight.

Finished

One binding sewn down, three to go. This is the first of the 3 HeartStrings top from AnnG that I quilted this week.

Finished

The Dino 9 patch is bound. I didn’t realize I was a little short of a yard of the dinosaur fabric until I’d already started making the 9 patch blocks so I improvised. The too narrow piece of dinosaur fabric went across the top of the quilt and the extra pieces of the 9 patch blocks went across the bottom. Kind of weird but not too bad and I might intentionally try a 9 patch quilt with a novelty strip at the top like this one again but without the extra squares at the bottom.

This is also a UFO finish, my 5th UFO finish for the year.