I thought a lot today about my hopes for our country, that kindness and compassion will replace hate and anger and as I pray for that and work on letting go of my own feelings of anger from the last 4 years, I will be working on my Hopeful Heart quilt. Hand stitched appliqué hearts surround by strips of different shapes, size, and color. The hearts represent my hopes and the strips represent the melting pot that makes up America.
I’ve already cut and fused and started stitching more hearts.
I’m still making my strips and strings log cabin blocks too – can you tell I’m having fun playing in the string bins?! There are 105 blocks made so far.
I’ve got one more week before we head back to Big Canoe and my goals in the sewing room are:
- Make blocks for the Hopeful Heart Quilt
- Piece a camouflage bedspread and quilt it
- Make Strips and Strings log cabin blocks
- Cut HSTs for my twisted pinwheel quilt
- Finish the Crochet ripple Afghan.