The Strips and Strings log cabin top is assembled. Counting this one, 9 of my 17 new starts this year have been from my scraps or string bins. With the 3 yard challenge, I’ll have to make sure to keep working in my scraps and strings if I want to end the year with more of them than ones made from yardage and precuts. Scrap quilts are my favorites but it’s just so easy to pull precuts or some yardage and make a quick quilt.

And speaking of precuts, I’ve got a good start on my April precut quilt.

6 thoughts on “Assembled

  1. I spent the afternoon culling the 2.5” strip bin and cutting units to make your Boxed Squares quilt. I promised myself I would make a quilt that didn’t create more scraps but rather eliminated them. Hopefully, I can start sewing tomorrow. Thank you for sharing your patterns.


  2. Beautiful. I’m thinking that I have several jelly rolls that would work perfectly for that rectangle quilt, and it is time I give it a try. I just finished a baby quilt top today, so the timing is good to plan another. Thank you for the inspiration.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s