Assembled

This scrappy one probably won’t appeal to some of you … but I love rail fence blocks and using my leftover strips and strings to make one is a bonus. This top also meets my precut challenge for September. Since I didn’t have any “honey bun” precuts, I used some skinny strips and strings in my rail fence blocks.

Brief instructions can be found on my website at this link.

In addition to getting this top assembled, I trimmed one quilt and got it ready for binding, got the binding on another and ready to hand sew down, and I got a backing pieced for one of the 3 yard tops I have here waiting for quilting.

I am working hard to finish things up before Monday so I can sew along with my HeartStrings group next week. I won’t make it to Maine this year but I will be working from home and our project will be 3 yard quilts.

8 thoughts on “Assembled

  1. This is beautiful, Mary! You make everything seem effortless and present it in such a way that, I’m sure, many of us think “oh, I can do that”. Thank you for the encouragement and your well-written directions.

Leave a Reply