We head home VERY early tomorrow morning and will take 2-3 days… it just depends on how the drive goes. I might be able to help a little but we don’t know until we try. I did check with the Dr at my checkup last week and she agreed it was OK to try. I’m still in the boot for walking/weight bearing but of course I can’t drive in the boot so she suggested a splint which I ordered.
I’ve been packing and straightening up and as always, I like to look at what I’ve accomplished … not bad for a vacation!
- 13 quilts tied during the HeartStrings sew-in
- 12 hats knit
- 2 blankets crocheted
I also spent a number of days at the library here and now I’m ready to print out a hard copy of Mom’s Family History book so I can go over it and make any additions/corrections needed – I’ll do that when I get home.
And as I think about getting home and back in my sewing room … I have a list of things to work on. I won’t be quilting for at least 2-3 weeks but I hadn’t planned to anyway. After this summer’s quilting and binding marathon and then being away for 5 weeks, I’m very anxious to just sit at my machine and piece my heart out!
- Assembling my Triangle and Square blocks into a top for September’s Challenge
- Making a 3 yard quilt from the Maine challenge fabric
- Sewing a kid’s quilt along with Kathy and her group in WI
- Making a Sharon Quilt
- Making a one color HS (Like Bev’s)
- Making a Jelly Roll top for October’s Challenge
I’d also give a count of all the lobster rolls I’ve eaten while I’ve been here but I’ve lost count! They were ALL yummy!! 🦞 🦞 🦞