Sometimes it seems like nothing is being accomplished and all the sudden there are several finishes to share.
First up, my Charm Square quilt … just squares and borders but happy and bright and ready for donation.
- 2 Charm Square packs
- Borders are cut 2.75 inches
- I started with 2 yards of the border/binding fabric and have a chunk left
I also finished crocheting 2 blankets. If I get the quilts washed before mid March, I’ll have another stack of blankets and quilts to take to Chris to donate to SafePath. With both of these, I think I’ve found a good yarn/pattern combination so while I do like finding new patterns, I also like to make blankets I’ve enjoyed crocheting in different colorways so I’ll need to remember these combinations.
- Pattern – Blanket Stitch – found free on Ravelry
- Yarn – Lion Brand Ice Cream Big Scoop in the Lemon Meringue colorway – about one and a half skeins. It was kind of hard to tell for sure how much was used because the 2nd skein was a mess with chunks of yarn stuffed in the skein. Usually I have good luck with Big Scoop skeins so I hope this was just a one time thing.
- Hook size – H
- Chained 150
- Finished size – 36 x 48
- Pattern – Marble Baby Throw – found free on Ravelry
- Yarn – Premier DK Colors – this is a new yarn I’m trying that I bought a while back on sale at LoveCrafts.com, it’s very soft.
- Hook size – G
- Finished size – 33 inches square
My unpacking is done, the laundry is in progress and if I work a bit on the tax stuff I should have some time today to make more chisel stars and/or start a new blanket!